Wednesday, May 25, 2011

U. S. Embassy Services

The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. government to U.S. citizens living in/ visiting a foreign country. U.S. consular officers assist Americans who encounter serious legal, medical, or financial difficulties. Consular officers cannot act as your legal counsel, but they can provide the names of local attorneys and doctors, provide loans to destitute Americans, and provide information about dangerous conditions in foreign countries.

Narrative

On my second day in France I ran into a bit of trouble financially. While visiting the Arc de Triomphe I realized I didn't have any money. I found the nearest embassy and they helped me by providing a loan until I could find a way to get some money. While I was there they informed me about dangerous areas that I should watch out for. For the time being I had a bit of money so I went back to sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment